Saturday, October 9, 2010

Countdown: 23 days

I actually wasn't going to post anything today, since I'm fairly busy and I don't have much to talk about . . . but I dunno. I need this out there somehow, even if it is a little bit personal. I only found it through NaNoWriMo.

So, since the website's been down for a bit and I'm taking a break from my studying, I decided to go ahead and follow @NaNoWordSprints on Twitter (my Twitter address, by the way, is http://twitter.com/lanole in case anybody's interested). While I was sprinting, I noticed a new tweet come up. Even though it wasn't time for the sprint to end yet, I decided to see what it was. It was the Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged Series' twitter, sending a link out. I had a minor fangirl attack of glee, assuming it was a video of some sort, and clicked on it so it could load while I finished my sprint.

It was fanart of some sort, through deviantart. My "remember password" feature on my browser for some reason automatically. Getting distracted (as I always do; this is not a good sign for the November ahead) I clicked on it. It was a journal entry from one of my old "friends" (I don't use deviantart anymore, for many the same reasons I don't use Facebook. I wasn't really using it for its intended purpose; in this case, art; and the communication with my so-called "friends" would only depress me). I clicked on her old journal entries that caught my eye, and I noticed that in response to the comments on one of her entries that mentioned me. By name. Implying that she missed me.

And others agreed. Now, for anyone that knows my history with these people or understands that I have possibly the worst self-esteem in history, you can understand why this comes as a huge shocker to me.

I don't know. It doesn't really change my opinion of them in the least, but it gives me a funny feeling in my tummy. A feeling that I can't identify.

No comments:

Post a Comment